Immunology: Innate Immunity
Virtual Microbiology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Innate Immunology Lecture Materials
These are the Immunology: Innate Immunity Lecture materials of the Virtual Microbiology Classrooms
(8-week & 16-week). The resources below are used to supplement actual college microbiology courses.
- Describe microbial antagonism. Regarding this concept, how do normal flora benefit a person?
- Understand the first line of immune defense against pathogens - physical and chemical components
- What is the role of mucus in protecting from infection?
- Understand how leukocytes, nonspecific chemical defenses, inflammation and fever contribute to our second line of defense against pathogens.
- Describe the three types of formed elements.
- List the different types of leukocytes and their functions.
- Understand which leukocytes are involved in the second line of defense.
- Know the three types of cells that kill extra-cellularly.
- Be able to list and describe the nonspecific chemical defenses of the second line of immune defense.
- Understand the steps of the inflammatory response.
Versions of Innate Immunity PPT:
Printing: The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet". Under Pages Per Sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
Here is what you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp need to read, in addition to the PowerPoint, to master this topic. Check Moodle & you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr textbook for additional readings.
The Innate Immunity Lecture materials include:
- list of learning objectives
- practice test & review questions
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory microbiology course. The Virtual Microbiology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
Page last updated: 2/2016
Our Favorite New Microbio APP!
Cool infectious disease game:
Do you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp have what it takes to be a successful pathogen?
Resident, Transient & Opportunistic Microbes
- “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” game.
- , online game from the Nobel Prize website. Use you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr force of white blood cells to destroy invading bacteria, before they overpopulate and cause disease.
- “” movie trailer. If you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp haven’t seen this movie yet, you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp must watch it immediately! It’s awesome!
- , a collection of online fun and educational games about immunology.