Innate & Acquired Immunity Main Page
Virtual Microbiology Classroom of Science Prof Online
- Describe microbial antagonism. With respect to this, how do normal flora benefit you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp?
- Understand the first line of immune defense against pathogens; physical components and chemical components.
- What is the role of mucus in helping protect us from infection?
- Understand how leukocytes, nonspecific chemical defenses, inflammation and fever contribute to our second line of defense against pathogens.
- Describe the three types of formed elements.
- List the different types of leukocytes and their functions.
- Know the three types of cells that kill extra-cellularly.
- Be able to list and describe the nonspecific chemical defenses of the second line of immune defense.
- Understand the steps of the inflammatory response.
- Which leukocytes are part of nonspecific immune function? Which are part of specific immune function?
- Understand what antigens are, and be able to describe the different types.
- Be able to describe what an epitope is. What is another term for epitope?
- Understand what antibodies are, what they can do, and which cell type produces them.
- What are antigen presenting cells?
- Know the function and components of the lymphatic system to the level that we discussed in lecture/PPT.
- Know the types of lymphocytes and their functions.
- What are B cells? Their types and functions?
- What are T cells? Their types and functions?
- What is the difference between specific and nonspecific immune function? Which aspects of immune function are nonspecific and which are specific?
Versions of Immunology PPT:
Printing: The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet". Under Pages Per Sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper placing two slides on each page.
Immunology Lecture Materials
are the FREE Immunology: Innate & Acquired Lecture materials of the Virtual Microbiology Classrooms (8-week & 16-week). The resources below are used to supplement actual
college microbiology courses.
The Immunology Lecture materials include:
- list of learning objectives
- 中国福利彩票下载安装αppwork assignment
- practice test & review questions
- “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” game.
- , online game from the Nobel Prize website. Use you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr force of white blood cells to destroy invading bacteria, before they overpopulate and cause disease.
- , a collection of online fun and educational games about immunology.