Immunology: Acquired Immunity
Virtual Microbiology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Acquired Immunity Lecture Materials
These are the Immunology: Acquired Immunity Lecture materials of the Virtual Microbiology Classrooms (8-week & 16-week). The resources below are used to supplement an actual college microbiology course.
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory microbiology course. The Virtual Microbiology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
Page last updated: 2/2016
- Which leukocytes are part of nonspecific immune function? Which are part of specific immune function?
- What is our third line of defense against pathogens? What are its components?
- Understand what antigens are, and be able to describe the different types.
- Be able to describe what an epitope is. What is another term for epitope?
- Understand what antibodies are, what they can do, and which cell type produces them.
- What are antigen presenting cells?
- Know the function and components of the lymphatic system to the level that we discussed in lecture/PPT.
- Know the different types of lymphocytes and their functions.
- What are B cells? Name the types and describe what they do.
- What are T cells? Name the types and describe what they do.
- What is the humoral immune response? Which cells and chemicals are involved?
- What is the relationship between B-cells and T-cells in the humoral immune response?
- What is cell-mediated immune response? Which cells and chemicals are involved?
- What is the difference between specific and nonspecific immune function? Which aspects of immune function are nonspecific and which are specific?
Versions of Acquired Immunity PPT:
Printing: The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet". Under Pages Per Sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
Immunology: Acquired Immunity Lecture materials include:
- list of learning objectives
- 中国福利彩票下载安装αppwork assignment
- practice test & review questions
animation and quiz by McGraw-Hill.
- animation and quiz by McGraw-Hill.
- “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” game.
- , online game from the Nobel Prize website. Use you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr force of white blood cells to destroy invading bacteria, before they overpopulate and cause disease.
- , a collection of online fun and educational games about immunology.