History of Microbiology
Virtual Microbiology Classroom of Science Prof Online
History of Microbiology Lecture Materials
are the FREE History of Microbiology Lecture materials of the Virtual Microbiology Classroom. The resources below are used to supplement an actual
college microbiology course.
- Know what the Spontaneous Generation Debate was, which scientists played a part, and how each contributed to settling the debate.
- Who were the key players in the early history of immunology, and what information did each contribute to our understanding of immunology?
- What was the significance of Christian Gram's contribution to microbiology?
- What is the difference between a vegetative cell and an endospore? Who discovered this?
- What does it mean when a microbe is "attenuated"?
- Know the antimicrobial agents that we discussed and who discovered them.
- Know the microbes that we met in this lecture, the diseases they cause and their relevance to the topics discussed:
- Streptococcus pyogenes and Germ Theory
(Semmelweis, Holmes, Lister)
- Vibrio cholerae and Germ Theory (Snow)
- Bacillus anthracis and Germ Theory (Koch)
- Cowpox / Smallpox and Immunology (Jenner)
Versions of History of Microbiology PPT:
Printing: The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet", Under Pages per sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
- 中国福利彩票下载安装αppwork: animation from Pearson Prentice Hall.
- , animation & Quiz from Sinauer.
- Play “Fling The Teacher”, an interactive “” Quiz in which you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp get to build a teacher (victim), then fling them with a trebuchet if you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp correctly answer the quiz questions.
- Play educational video game, Rice University.
Photographic guides to differential stains