Diffusion, Osmosis & Active Transport
from Science Prof Online
Diffusion, Osmosis & Active Transport Review Qus
5. Describe an example of diffusion down a concentration gradient.
6. What is tonicity, and how does it relate to osmosis?
7. What would happen to a blood cell if placed in water (a hypotonic environment)? Explain why.
8. What would happen to a slug if salt is sprinkled on it? Why?
9. A dehydrated patient needs to be rehydrated with an IV of Ringer's solution. At the start of their rehydration therapy, right when the IV is first connected, what is the tonicity of the cells of their body compared to the Ringer's solution? Once the patient is fully rehydrated, and the IV is stopped, what is the tonicity of the cells in the patient's body compared to the Ringer's solution?
1. Explain the difference between passive and active transport.
2. Define diffusion.
Page last updated: 10/2015
The SPO website is best viewed in Microsoft Explorer, Google Chrome or Apple Safari.