Acids, Bases, Buffers & pH
Virtual Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Acids, Bases, Buffers & pH Lecture Materials
These are the Inorganic Chemistry Lecture materials of the Virtual Cell Biology Classroom. The resources below are used to supplement an actual college cell biology course.
- Compare and contrast acids bases and salts.
- Describe what makes a solution acidic or basic.
- Understand the relationship between ions and pH.
- Understand the relationship between the atoms in a water molecule and pH.
- Know enough about the pH scale to understand which numbers represent acidic, neutral and basic substances.
- Know what differentiates a strong acid from a weak acid.
- Explain the relationship between the terms "ions", "salts" & "buffers".
- Explain what it means that the pH scale is logarithmic.
Versions of Inorganic Chemistry PPT:
Printing: The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet", Under Pages per sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
The Acids, Bases, Buffers & pH Lecture materials include:
- list of learning objectives
- a 中国福利彩票下载安装αppwork assignment
- practice test & review questions
- links to related educational resources
- - song by Queens of the Stone Age
- - music video by They Might Be Giants
- The Element Song - Tom Lehrer
> sung by
> sung by (Harry Potter)
- - song by Mark Rosengarten
Page last updated: 5/2016
animated science tutorial.
- video lecture by Kahnacademy.